The SBTDC of Northwest Missouri State University is one of a network of offices located throughout the state. The SBTDC of NWMSU provides assistance with business plans, strategic planning, marketing, market research, financial analysis, finding financing, coaching, international trade, and more. The Director is a certified business coach, certified economic development finance professional, a certified six sigma green belt, and a previous business owner.
The following are examples of the types of assistance available directly from this office:
- Financial analysis with industry comparisons, ratio analysis, break-even, and more.
- Capital budgeting
- Financial projections
- Financing options and debt restructuring
- Assistance finding traditional and non-traditional financing options
- Market research (demographics, psychographics, drive time studies, specialty maps, etc.)
- Customer segmentation
- Customer relationships and satisfaction
- Customer and market knowledge
- Competitive analysis
- Business Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Balance Scorecards
- Management analysis
- Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma
- Ethics and liability management
- Human resources (Recruitment and selection, compensation and employee retention, policies/manuals/templates, motivating employees, etc.)
- Patent assistance
- Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) grants
- Investor presentations/pitches and preparation
- Building management teams
Referrals to the rest of the state-wide network for anything not listed above including assistance with international trade/exporting, government contracting, and more.