The SBDC of Northwest Missouri State University (NWMSU) is one of a network of offices located throughout the country. The SBDC of NWMSU provides assistance with business plans, strategic planning, marketing, market research, financial analysis, finding financing, coaching, international trade, and more. The Director is a certified business coach, certified economic development finance professional, a certified six sigma green belt, and a previous business owner.
The following are examples of the types of assistance available directly from this office:
- Financial analysis with industry comparisons and interpretation, ratio analysis, break-even, budgeting, and financial projections/proformas
- Quickbooks assistance & training
- Financial projections
- Financing options and debt restructuring
- Assistance finding traditional and non-traditional financing options
- Market research (demographics, psychographics, drive time studies, specialty maps, etc.)
- Customer segmentation
- Customer relationships and satisfaction
- Customer and market knowledge
- Competitive analysis
- Social media insights
- Business Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Balance Scorecards
- Management analysis
- Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma
- Human resources (recruitment and selection, compensation and employee retention, policies/manuals/templates, motivating employees, etc.)
- Patent assistance
- Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) grants
- Investor presentations/pitches and preparation
Referrals to experts within the state-wide network for anything not listed above including assistance with international trade/exporting, government contracting, agriculture and more.
Serving the 9 counties in northwest Missouri: Worth, Holt, Atchison, Andrew, Buchanan, Clinton, DeKalb, Gentry, and Nodaway.