In partnership with the academic values of the University, the Missouri Student Unions invites Mizzou students to submit proposals for a campus wide entrepreneurship program hosted in the MU Student Center. The goal of this program is to nurture creativity among MU students while allowing them a high-traffic venue to fulfill their entrepreneurial endeavors.
UNIONS ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM FACT BOX
· Goals: To promote student entrepreneurship at the University of Missouri. The program will help connect innovative students with a space to operate an original business idea. To provide an opportunity for students to apply skills in a working environment and to enhance transferable skills for future opportunities.
· Application Profile: Students with creative and innovative approaches to products or services, awareness and understanding of entrepreneurship and the technological innovation to add value to the MU Campus.
· Duration: The process from application approval to the opening of a new business varies depending on the level of preparation necessary. Length of lease will be one academic year.
· Application Process: Proposals will be received and considered by the review committee annually.
· Space: The top selected business will be provided room 1210, 325 square feet, on the first floor of the MU Student Center. The selection committee will determine if additional business ideas should be granted the opportunity to occupy space in the MU Student Center and a location will be determined based on availability.