The Missouri Small Business Development Center at Missouri Southern State University (MO SBDC) provides consulting services in marketing, finance, management and technology development at little or no cost to the business. Staff also provide training seminars on business topics at reasonable rates.
The following are examples of the type of assistance available in the network:
- Financial analysis with industry comparisons, ratio analysis, break-even, and more.
- Capital budgeting.
- Financial projections.
- Financing options and debt restructuring.
Recordkeeping and accounting
- Market research (demographics, psychographics, drive time studies, etc.).
- Customer segmentation.
- Customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Customer and market knowledge.
- Competitive analysis.
- Business Planning.
- Strategic Planning.
- Balance Scorecards.
- Management analysis.
- Continuous improvement.
- Ethics and liability management.
- Human resources (Recruitment and selection, compensation and employee retention, policies/manuals, motivating employees, etc.).
- Patent assistance.
- Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) grants.
- Investor presentations and preparation.
- Building management teams.