The Missouri S&T Office of Technology Transfer and Economic Development (TTED) provides support to S&T faculty, students and researchers to provide IP protection, identify licensees and commercialize university inventions, assisting them to convert their innovative ideas into products, technologies, and services that can benefit society. We also operate a Small Business Technology Development Center focused on starting and expanding small business across a nine county region in Central Missouri. We operate a student incubator to encourage and support student entrepreneurship. Finally, our office operates and manages Innovation Park a Research and Technology Park adjacent to The Missouri S&T campus, the Technology Development Center, the park’s first building house a number of technology companies including campus corporate partners, faculty startups and student owned businesses.
- Provide information to faculty on intellectual property and technology transfer.
- Review disclosures for patentability, freedom to operate, and marketability.
- Maintain federal and grant compliance regarding intellectual property.
- Filing of provisional and non-provisional patents applications.
- Facilitate commercialization of technologies and collaboration with outside organizations.
- Manage non-disclosure, inter-institutional, and collaboration agreements.
- Actively market and promote technologies to commercial entities.
- Negotiate, draft, and maintain license agreements.
- Offer training course for small businesses such as; First Steps to starting a business, financing your new venture, Winning SBIR/STTR grants, and doing business with the Federal Government.
- Provide in depth business counseling to local small businesses
- Provide assistance for grant submission
- Provide support for small business government contracting
- Market and develop Innovation Park
- Negotiate lease and manage Innovation Park tenants