Innovation Stockyard, a Missouri Innovation Center, is located in and operates the Kit Bond Science and Technology Incubator, on the campus of Missouri Western State University (MWSU), and emphasizes its’ designation as an integral part of the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor. The St. Joseph community has a strong animal health and nutrition history, and the Institute would like to continue to grow this market for the region. Typical characteristics seen in firms interested in a future at the Kit Bond Science and Technology Incubator are as follows:
- Animal health and nutrition products and services.
- Basic or applied research, product enhancement, development and/or engineering.
- Pre-pilot, pilot, or proto-type development.
- Proprietary processes in support of local industry.
- Human health and nutrition products and services.
- Non-profit and University research and development.
- Development and training of workforce enhancement programs.
- Manufacturing development and research appropriate for facility.
Services at the Incubator provided by the Innovation Stockyard include a secure facility, wet lab and advanced equipment staffed with a manger, business services and consulting, shared administrative services, grant writing expertise, workforce training and development, access to SBDC and community services, market rate lease for office and lab, and access to university resources.