Greater St. Louis Inc. Diverse Business Accelerator
The Greater St. Louis Inc. Diverse Business Accelerator is for ethnically, racially and gender-diverse business owners looking to advance their enterprise’s capacity to grow.
In the span of three months, the program walks owners through how to develop their business goals, market and communicate their services, make meaningful connections, and prepare for growth.
Participants in our capacity building program are diversely owned small businesses. This is a multi-phase program that creates a welcoming and stimulating environment for participants to receive and share valuable feedback, self-reflect, acquire effective business development strategies, and build relationships essential to their business’ growth.
Update for Fall 2021 Participants:
All entrepreneurs who complete the program will receive $5,000 in unrestricted capital and up to $15,000 in follow-on capital in 2022. In addition, the $1,000 tuition fee is being waived.
- Communications & Marketing: participants learn to effectively communicate their business’ value proposition,
refine core messaging, creating collateral that works
- Relationship Building: participants will be matched with C-suite level mentors to foster the formation of a supportive professional advisory network essential to the success of the business’ growth; and
- Growth Ready/Scaling: participants will receive a financial review and analysis, financial literacy training for small businesses, introduction to community reinvestment act process, and small business administration loan requirements.
In three months, this multi-phase program walks business owners through how to develop business goals, make powerful connections, market and communicate their services, and prepare for growth. The program approach includes 12 weeks of group sessions and 9 hours of additional one-on-one coaching.
- Diverse and women-owned small businesses in the St. Louis region; Black, Hispanic, Native American, Asian/Pacific Islander, and other people of color (but not exclusively)
- Industries: Professional Services, Construction, Construction Service, Logistics, Manufacturing (but not exclusively)
- 2 or more employees
- Committed to full participation in the program
- Revenue of $500K or more
- A business growth plan that demonstrates the business’s capacity to scale (increase revenue, hire employees) within 2-5 years
- 51% minority ownership
- Headquartered in the 15-county, bi-state St. Louis MSA
Financial Resources and Assistance
- Grant Provider
Office, Incubator, Accelerator, Laboratory, Kitchen and Meeting Space
- Accelerators (Specialty)
- Formal Mentoring Programs (Specialty)
- One-on-One Counseling
- Peer Mentoring