MOSourceLink Is Hiring!
Do you love startups? Are you a person who is always connecting people, clearing hurdles and making things happen? Do you gravitate toward dreamers, innovators and entrepreneurs?
Then we want to meet you because WE'RE HIRING!
MOSourceLink is looking for Community-Based Network Navigators in St. Louis.
What do these network navigators do?
They help entrepreneurs across the state, in rural and urban areas, get connected with the resources they need to do, dream, create and innovate.
If that's you, the details on who we're looking for, what you'll do, how to apply (and how you'll get paid) to advance entrepreneurship in Missouri are right here:
Bonus: This is a part-time, contract position, so it would be a great side hustle for the right entrepreneurship-loving person who thrives on helping people find the right no- and low-cost resources they need to move their dreams and ideas forward.
MOSourceLink, Community Based Network Navigator
MOSourceLink’s mission is to help entrepreneurs and small businesses across the state of Missouri grow and succeed by providing free, easy access to the help they need, when they need it. MOSourceLink is a program of University of Missouri – Kansas City, funded through grants and other supporters, which lets us offer our services for free.
MOSourceLink connects entrepreneurs and small business owners with a network of nonprofit resource organizations that provide business-building services. We do this by creating Personal Action Plans for entrepreneurs and small business owners to help them reach their goals. This means entrepreneurs have a central access point for any business question and connections to education, training, mentorship, funding and planning resources. We help all types of businesses at any stage, from any industry and connect people to the resources they need to start and grow businesses. We do this through one-on-one consultations, online inquiries and community involvement.
Community-Based Network Navigator
A Community-Based Network Navigator represents MOSourceLink at a grassroots level in the community they reside and helps current and prospective entrepreneurs access business-building support resources.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Event attendance: work with MOSourceLink staff to identify and attend relevant events in a community to represent MOSourceLink (i.e. vendor fairs, faith-based socials, community-building events)
- Community discovery: identify, meet with and build relationships with key individuals to discover business needs within the community and provide feedback to MOSourceLink staff
- Community business development: work with MOSourceLink staff to provide business-building assistance where relevant (meeting attendance, sharing of developed tools, providing feedback)
- One-on-one meetings: meet in person or virtually, have phone conversations and/or email interactions with individuals to discover business needs and develop Personal Action Plans to current and prospective businesses that connect them with the resources they need to complete each step of the plan and achieve their goals
- Follow up: provide follow up assistance for businesses as needed
- Attend weekly operations/marketing meetings with staff (virtually or in-person)
- Track and document activities and interactions in CRM system
- Individual will attend a minimum of one event per week and provide feedback to MOSourceLink
- Individual will meet with a minimum of one community or entrepreneurial support individual/program each week and provide feedback to MOSourceLink director
- Individual will produce a minimum of two Personal Action Plans for entrepreneurs or business owners from the community each week and document in database
- Individual will attend weekly meetings with MOSourceLink staff
- Have excellent telephone and face-to-face customer service skills
- Be detail-oriented with demonstrated administrative skills
- Demonstrate a proven ability to listen to and understand the needs of people at different levels, assess their needs and refer to appropriate resource
- Have the ability to learn the capabilities of the service providers within the MOSourceLink network
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Maintain confidentiality
- Work with a high degree of integrity and hold high ethical standards
This is a contract position paying $18 per hour. Invoices will be collected and paid monthly.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit a letter of interest and résumé to millerj@MOSourceLink.com for consideration. Bilingual a plus.
Individuals living in the following geographies of St. Louis are encouraged to submit: North St. Louis City, North St. Louis County, Dutchtown, Gravois Park.