- This event has passed.
The Effective Leader
October 31 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm CDT$279
Increasingly, organizations are realizing the need for leadership at all levels. Because people want to be led, not managed, managers need to develop as leaders in addition to being highly competent in functional management areas. There is an impressive body of knowledge regarding leadership, and the skills needed to be an effective leader. The Effective Leader/Manager will address the following 5 key areas of managerial effectiveness.
This course is designed around the Management Competency Model based on The Leadership Challenge model by Kouzes and Posner.
Model the Way
• Find your voice by clarifying your personal values
• Set the example by aligning actions with shared values
• Improving Communication (written, verbal, electronic, web, PR)
Inspire a Shared Vision
• Envision the Future by imagining exciting ennobling possibilities
• Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations
Challenge the Process
• Search for opportunities by seeking innovative ways to change, grow and improve
• Experiment and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from mistakes
• Keep the Lines Open – Practice “engaged listening” to ensure two-way communication throughout your team and the organization.
• Exude Competence – Generate a personal development plan based on the four lessons of self-knowledge to continually increase your competence as a leader/manager.
Enable Others to Act
• Foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust
• Strengthen others by sharing power and discretion
• Building Collaboration / Delegation / Trust
Encouraging the Heart
• Recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence
• Celebrate the values and victories by creating a spirit of community
Do you have a business-building event that should be added?
*We reserve the right to publish events on an individual basis. All events must be business related, non-sales with a focus on educating and benefiting the business community.