- This event has passed.
May 17 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
About the event
You have a great idea for a startup business, but where do you begin?! This fast paced lunch n learn will help you on your way.
- Why thinking through your value proposition is so important
- How to define your target market
- Picking a winning revenue model
- How to forecast revenue and expenses
- The importance of a support system including mentors
- Online tools that are available to help me grow my business
- What I need to do legally (such as incorporating)
- Attendee Takeaways:
- The first steps in starting a business
- How to validate product/service market fit
- Resources available to help start your business
- Speaker’s Bio: Jeff Nock: I am is passionate about helping startup, early stage and small to mid cap companies achieve their goals. I have been fortunate to work with over 200+ companies in the past 10 years and have helped many of them achieve goals well beyond what they had originally been pursuing. My 30 years of leadership experience from CEO (2x) to startup entrepreneur (6 startups) give me a broad background from which to help you achieve your potential. Industries I have worked in recently include business intelligence (BI), cybersecurity, software development, retail, hospitality, educational technology, non-profit management and others. I have experience with EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System), the Business Model Canvas, Agile Development, and other systems that help companies scale and enjoy working with business owners and their teams to customize the best way forward to scale their growth.
- Registration Information:
- Upon registering you will receive a confirmation email with the SCORE Zoom link to attend.
- You do not need a Zoom account to participate.
- Registration closes 24 hours before the start of the workshop.
- Please connect 5 minutes in advance to be sure you have a good connection. The workshop begins promptly at 12:00PM and concludes by 1:00PM.
Do you have a business-building event that should be added?
*We reserve the right to publish events on an individual basis. All events must be business related, non-sales with a focus on educating and benefiting the business community.