Buying a franchise or an existing business may be a more appealing way to get into business rather than starting from scratch. An existing business has a track record and may give you some idea of what to expect when you start.
A franchise purchase includes training, systems and support from the franchisor and history of information from other franchisees in the system. You’ll hear from Kathy Van Voorhees, a franchise attorney who has helped franchisees both in the purchasing process and in disputes with franchisors and Chris Coleman, a franchisee himself and a franchise consultant who helps people find their best fit.
In this workshop you will learn:
• Different ways to Evaluate a Going Business
• Options to Consider to Fund the Purchase
• What Help You May Want to Request From the Present Owner
• Pros and Cons of Purchasing a Franchise
• What Assistance You Should Expect From the Franchisor
• How to Evaluate the Options and Determine the Best Choices For You.