Got a great technology-based idea and want to turn it into a business?
Or a new idea for an existing business?
Then the Tech-Entrepreneur Workshop Series is for you!
The Tech Series helps you transform your ideas into viable businesses through a simple, powerful, and proven system. Throughout the four-week workshop series, participants will work with business and entrepreneurship experts to:
• Develop a value proposition and business model for your idea using the Business Model Canvas.
• Discover product need by determining your customers, their problems, and the solutions your product/idea provides.
• Interview potential customers to determine if your idea is viable.
• Get individual feedback on ideas, opportunities, and business development from business counselors and mentors.
• Learn about federal grant funding opportunities.
Who should attend:
All faculty, university students, community inventors, and entrepreneurs from the Mid-Missouri area with a technology-based idea (digital, bio-science, engineered products, healthcare, animal health, etc)
Participants are NOT required to have previous experience in business or entrepreneurship.
Classes will be held from 3-6pm on Wednesdays October 9, 16, 23, and 30* at Columbia Regional Economic Development Inc (REDI) - 500 E Walnut St #102, Columbia, MO 65201.
For questions or more information contact:
Felicia Rateliff - University of Missouri, Lafferre Hall office E2437M (2nd floor north-east corner)
*Attendance at the first three sessions is mandatory. Session four is optional.