Small business owners are usually forced to work and be "the person" in all areas of the company. All of these responsibilities by one or two people lead to ultimately not being an expert in some areas especially in the realm of Human Resources. Small businesses often find themselves seeking out expert advice to deal with certain issues. The Chamber wants all companies to be as successful as they possibly can be, but before becoming successful, education is needed to be proactive rather than reactive and make the correct decision when an issue arises. The Small Business Lunch & Learn is a four-part series focused on getting small businesses in the driver's seat to hiring the right people, focus on the mission and goal of the organization, and to maximize the potential of the company. This series will be taught by professional experts with the Missouri Training Institute and give you the best intel to grow your business. By the end of the last session, you will have a more established company, more HR savvy to expand your business and reach the full potential of your company.
1) (This event) Building Trust: Trust is the foundation of any relationship, from customer to employee. in this session, we will discuss the three components of trust and a simple process to strengthen trust.
2. Empathic Listening (12/17/2019): Did you know there are different levels of listening from pretending to selective to empathic? In this session, we will define empathy and identify several steps active listening uses to demonstrate empathy.
3. Emotional Intelligence (4/21/2020): Emotional intelligence is said to contribute more to the personal and professional success of a person than their IQ. In this session, we will define emotional intelligence, discuss the importance of EQ in your leadership role, and breakout the five composites that make up your emotional intelligence.
4. Empowerment (7/21/2020): Empowerment is about creating an environment that leads to more engagement, stronger loyalty, and increased motivation. In this session, we will discuss the characteristics of empowerment and what can be done to create this type of environment.
- Registration for all four events - $30
- Member registration for just this event - $10
- Non-member registration for just this event- $15