Check-In is at 8:45 am with the workshop starting promptly at 9:00 am and concluding by 12:00 pm.
Here’s a SCORE workshop that will provide you the basics to help you comply with Federal, state and local laws, and minimize your legal risks in your daily transactions.
This workshop focuses on the following topics that are key in the life of a small business owner:
- Selecting and forming a legal entity for your business
- How to bring in co-owners
- Creating governing documents, LLC Operating Agreement or Corporation Shareholder’s Agreement
- Employer/Employee Law - Keeping on the right side of Employment Law?
- Employee vs. independent contractor issues
- Leasing property – pitfalls to avoid
- Insurance - Do you need it and what types of insurance should you consider?
- Doing business in other states
- Operating your business over the internet
- Intellectual property: Patents, Trademarks, and Trade Names
Arthur Chaykin - Kennyhertz Perry
Casey Murray - Spencer Fane
Kevin Tuttle - Spencer Fane
Registration Fee: $20.00 (Non-refundable.)
Space is limited so you must register to attend. We cannot accept walk-ins.