St. Louis Family’s and xplor’s inaugural KIDZPRENEUR competition offers children ages 5–13 the opportunity to pitch their best business or product ideas for a chance to win scholarships and prizes.
- Gain Invaluable Experience- Kids will gain experience presenting in front of a large audience by pitching their ideas to judges, including local business owners and mentors.
- Win Scholarships & Prizes- In the final round, kids have the opportunity to win scholarships and other prizes sponsored by area businesses.
- Celebrate Innovation- Competition day culminates in a celebration with all of the participants.
Join us April 13th 2019 at the Danforth Plant Science Center for a day of competition, celebration, and education as we bring light and attention to entrepreneurship and youth.
There are just a few simple steps to get started:
Step 1: Know what to put in the application.
Before you register, take a look, so that you feel prepared to complete the form online
- Entrepreneurs (Child’s) Name
- Entrepreneurs Age At Time of Competition (April 13th 2019)
- Entrepreneurs Business Company Name
- Give a brief description of the product or service you plan to sell.
- Who is your customer?
- What is the problem you are solving?
- What price will you charge for each item? How much will each item cost to make?
- How will you market your product or service?
- Please include a video link to YouTube of you presenting your idea (copy and paste the link)
- What school does your child attend?
Step 2: Officially register here.
Step 3: Congratulations! You’re in! That means on April 6th at 10:00 AM time, you will go to the Danforth Plant Science Center to learn more about what is in a pitch/presentation, learn from other entrepreneurs, and have fun! Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kidzpreneur-mentoring-session-tickets-58038187782
Step 4: April 13th is the big day!
Kids will be split into the following age groups:
- Age 5 years to 7 years old
- Age 8 years to 11 years old
- Age 12 years to 13 years old
Each age group will be paired with 3 judges (2 professional local entrepreneurs and 1 entrepreneur student from Washington University or Parkway Spark!) with qualifications appropriate for the age group including presentation skills, creativity of idea, validity of idea, and work on the idea.
- The first round of competition will be a speed round of 3 minutes to describe and present their idea to the judges at a set appointment time that will be given a week before the event.
- At the completion of the speed round- the judges (per age group) will deliberate and select three of the best presenters/ideas to move into the final round.
- The final round will be an audience view of the final nine presenters who will all win a scholarship to further enhance their education or experience with their business.
Step 5: Awards will be given and a celebratory party will commence. Upon completion of the competition and awards ceremony- a celebratory party will conclude honoring all participants.
This full day community event will include ideas, innovation, STEM/STEAM activities, food trucks, kids activities, a vendor village, local talks and discussions from businesses founders on their entrepreneurial journeys, competition presentation, and a concluding party to celebrate the competitor’s accomplishments.
To learn more information on the event and review examples of pitches - please go to our Facebook page.