Your business is growing and your adding employees… what could possibly go wrong? Violating payroll and tax regulations is one of the leading causes of business failure and often leads to the IRS seizing your bank accounts and other assets. Attend this workshop and discover the rules and regulations around payroll so you don’t find yourself making costly mistakes.
What you will learn:
- Learn how to keep your payroll software and sensitive employee information secure and safe
- Required payroll reporting to keep you legal
- How to lower your costs associated with workers' compensation insurance, state unemployment taxes and company matches
- Avoid costly mistakes made by uninformed business owners
- What differentiates a 1099 contracted worker vs. an employee
Key Take Aways: Attendees will have a good understanding of the legal requirements of payroll and ways to control tax liabilities and associated costs of a payroll operation.