The series explores the reality of the nonprofit operating environment and how this system impacts common business choices. Amid today’s rapidly changing economic environment, participants will come away from these webinars better prepared to plan for the future and manage using data.
We think this knowledge is indispensable for any professional working in the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors.
Registration includes an invitation to join the live broadcast for each webinar, as well as a recorded version that participants can view at their convenience and downloadable PPT slides. Recordings and PPT slides will be disseminated shortly after each webinar. The webinars described are offered as a sequence and are effective when taken as a course or purchased as single presentations, depending on an individual participant’s needs.
Webinar 1: Introduction to Debt and Financing for Nonprofits
Many nonprofits successfully use debt as a strategic tool to:
- Purchase, build or renovate a facility, or make leasehold improvements
- Purchase or upgrade equipment required for operations
- Manage timing of receivables from government grants or capital campaigns
- Expand programs or grow an earned income or social venture
- Temporarily smooth cash flow to meet day-to-day operating needs
This introductory webinar is designed as resource for organizations that are new to the lending process and would like to learn more. In 60 minutes, NFF will review the typical types of loans available to nonprofits, what lenders look for from potential borrowers, and what to expect from a lender.