Simple Steps for Starting Your Business is a five-part series of pre-business workshops to help you reach a "go or no-go" decision for a start-up. The program is not designed to provide all of the information needed to start a business, but rather to help you decide whether you are ready to take the next step towards becoming an entrepreneur.
FREE: Do you dream of owning your own business but don't know where to get started? Attend an introduction workshop covering what you need to know to get started. Learn what it really takes to start your own business.
Join us for this five-part series certificate program.
Part 1 - Jun 13 - Start-up Basics - FREE
Part 2 - Jun 22 - Business Concept
Part 3 - Jul 13 - Marketing Your Business
Part 4 - Aug 24 - Financial Matters
Part 5 - Sep 14 - Funding & Next Steps
Start-up Basics - What you will learn:
- Myths and realities of entrepreneurship
- Critical success factors - Do you have what it takes?
- Know your options - A closer look at various ways of starting a business
- Components of Business Ownership - Understand the many roles
- Making it legal - Nuts and bolts of launching a new business
- Funding and Cash Management
- Business Plan Basics - Why you need a business plan
Cost to participate in the full program -- after the free initial introductory workshop-- is $130, paid in advance, no refunds. Note: The full five-part workshop program may not be held if there is not sufficient interest, in which case a full refund will be provided.
- Attend the workshop series
- Do assigned homework
- Sign-up for free one-on-one mentoring
- Complete a draft of the feasibility plan (text and financials)