Simple Steps for Starting Your Business is a five-part series of pre-business workshops to help you reach a “go or no-go” decision for a start-up. The program is not designed to provide all of the information needed to start a business, but rather to help you decide whether you are ready to take the next step towards becoming an entrepreneur.
Do you dream of owning your own business but don’t know where to get started? Learn what it really takes to start your own business. Part 2 offers step-by-step guidance in researching your idea, your market and your competition.
Join us for this five-part series certificate program.
Part 1 – Jun 8 – Start-up Basics – FREE
Part 2 – Jun 22 – Business Concept
Part 3 – Jul 13 - Marketing Your Business
Part 4 – Aug 24 – Financial Matters
Part 5 – Sep14 – Funding & Next Steps
Business Concept – What you will learn:
- Capture Your Dream - Everyone starts with a dream!
- Feasibility Plan Draft - Provides you with information to help you make a Go / No-Go Decision
- Business Idea - Defining a Market Need
- Personal Battleground - Does your experience and risk tolerance fit the idea?
- Industry Profile - Defining your business
- Target Markets - Who do you serve?
- Other key factors - Competition, Suppliers and Business Risk
Cost to participate in the full program -- after the free initial introductory workshop-- is $130, paid in advance, no refunds. Note: Events are subject to cancellation. The full five-part workshop program may not be held if there is not sufficient interest, in which case a full refund will be provided. Fees are fully refunded if SCORE cancels an event.
- Attend the workshop series
- Do assigned homework
- Sign-up for free one-on-one mentoring
- Complete a draft of the feasibility plan (text and financials)