Purchasing a franchise can be a great way to mitigate risk when opening up your own business. That is, if you are a good fit for franchising and you align yourself with the right one. There are over 3,000 franchise concepts out there which can be a bit overwhelming.
SCORE has assembled a team of franchise industry experts to help you thoroughly evaluate the franchise industry as a pathway to business ownership. This program is presented by Chris Coleman, a franchisee himself and a franchise consultant and Kathy Van Voorhees, a franchise attorney who has helped franchisees through the purchase process and in disputes with franchisors.
In this workshop we will cover:
· Pros & Cons of Franchising
· The differences and similarities among a Franchise, a License Opportunity and a Business Opportunity.
· Who's a good fit for the franchise industry
· Starting your search
· Purchasing an existing franchise
· Traits of a quality franchisor
· Understanding a franchise agreement
· Typical funding scenarios
· Things other Franchisees wish they'd known before making a decision or done differently at the outset