What do the ice cream cone, Twitter and Shark Tank success Myself Belts have in common? They all are associated with St. Louis inventors! The metro area is home to thousands of makers, inventors, designers and idea-people. Are you one of them? Ever wondered if your special “something” should be patented?
Determining if a patent is right for you, and where to begin, can seem complex and overwhelming (not to mention expensive!). Come learn what resources are right here in St. Louis, as well as where you can go for help and join us as a panel shares their knowledge and experience in the protection of inventions and how the USPTO pro bono patent program works.
Michele Rutledge, Executive Director of Gateway VMS, will moderate a panel of experts who can give you the answers ranging from 'where do I start?', to 'who can I ask for help?' Our panelists include:
- Marc Bowers – St. Louis Makes, Founder & Chief Volunteer
- Gary Kellmann – Inventors Association of St. Louis, President
- David Deal – Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property Clinic, Washington University School of Law, Co-Director
- SPECIAL GUEST from DC and appearing for one night at Venture Cafe: John Kirkpatrick – US Patent Pro Bono Program Coordinator
- Another Special guest from DC - tbd