St. Louis Export Challenge Launches for Growing Global 2017
World Trade Center St. Louis, in partnership with the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership, launched the annual St. Louis Export Challenge, powered by Arch Grants and JPMorgan Chase. Startups and small to mid-sized companies are encouraged to apply for a chance to win $60,000 in cash prizes for the best global market entry strategies.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Have a for-profit business currently generating revenue, but less than $10 million annually.
- Be currently located in Greater St. Louis.
- Have all individuals on the management team be 18 years or older and legal residents of the United States.
- Not have management team members that are directors, officers or employees of the World Trade Center or St. Louis Economic Development Partnership, consultants, or freelancers who do business with the World Trade Center or St. Louis Economic Development Partnership or immediate family members of any of these persons.
- Not use this application for a buy-out of an existing company, tax- shelter, subsidiary, or franchise.
- If selected, understand and be willing to provide quarterly reporting information regarding company status, employment, revenues, challenges, and opportunities.
Applications will be evaluated on global market strategy, market feasibility and scale, demonstrated need for product/service, innovative nature, quality of product or service, management team strength and impact/use of funds and support.
In addition to prizes, finalists and winners will also have the opportunity to self-select into the University of Missouri - St. Louis Chancellor's Certificate in International Trade Program. Winners of the competition will be announced at WTC's Growing Global 2017 on Sept. 22. The deadline for receipt of applications is August 9th.
Startups, along with small and mid-sized companies are encouraged to apply here.
(Information re-post from Arch Grants)