Startups Benefit from Cohort #2 with the eFactory
The eFactory, which launched in August 2016, is a technology-focused entrepreneurship center located in Missouri State University's entrepreneurship and business incubator. Last month they announced the companies who will be participating in the second cohort of their accelerator program starting February 6. The eFactory will invest $30,000 for 8% equity into five companies to help “accelerate” their business. In addition to the investment, companies will have access to office space, business consulting, a mentor network, discounts to services and customized presentations from industry professionals throughout the program. The five companies are:
• Apt Crowd - an analytics company aimed at connecting customers with quick answers, expert users and relevant vendors.
• Let's Do Lunch - a platform aimed at helping people more effectively organize business lunches.
• Pull Up A Seat - an on-demand service which helps people find a place to share a home-cooked meal.
• Reaction - a mobile platform offering quick surveys.
• Solely Jolie - a cosmetic instrument and cleaner provider.
Businesses selected to participate in eFactory’s accelerator program are required to have their headquarters in Springfield, Missouri. Three of the five selected: Apt Crowd, Let’s Do Lunch and Solely Jolie already call Springfield home. Pull Up A Seat is relocating from Orlando, Florida, and Reaction is relocating from Birmingham, Alabama.
The eFactory will be hosting an open house to introduce the accelerator companies (open to everyone) on Monday, February 6 from 5-7 p.m. at the eFactory. Demo Day for Cohort 2 will take place on Monday, May 1 at 10 a.m. at the Gallery at the Gillioz Theatre.
Read more from the Springfield News-Leader. To learn more about the business incubators around the state or in the Springfield area, visit:
Missouri Technology Corporation
The Creative Foundry
Jordan Valley Innovation Center
(Full press release at the eFactory)