Missouri Business Basics
Just getting started? Here is a great place to begin!
The guides below are provided by the Missouri Small Business Development Centers. Located in a variety of cities across the state, these Centers can assist you in starting and growing your business.
These documents provide information to business owners in many areas of business planning:
- The Basics - Provides information on the skills needed to operate a small business and some common reasons small businesses fail.
- The Business Plan - How to put together a business plan, the written expression of a business idea and projections on markets.
- Legal Formation - How to Information on selecting the proper business structure with a discussion of legalities and tax consideration.
- Taxes - How to understand and meet the legal requirements of taxes imposed on businesses in Missouri.
- Hiring Employees - Overview of what's involved in hiring and paying employees.
- Financing Your Business - Provides information on how to obtain financial assistance.
Not starting from scratch?
Find information on the pros and cons, from the Small Business Administration, of buying a business or franchise, and how to find a business to buy check out: